document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


Southbound at Thankerton, some four and a half miles south of Carstairs, on 21 March 2011. The train is the 13.40 Glasgow Central - London Euston Pendolino service. The former station building can be seen above the leading vehicle.
John Furnevel [21/03/2011]


An EE Type 4 brings the up Royal Scot through Thankerton station on 10 July 1965.
John Robin [10/07/1965]


View west from Station Road at the entrance to the former up goods yard at Thankerton, South Lanarkshire, in March 2011. The WCML runs past on the other side of the metal fence and the converted 1848 station building stands beyond. Thankerton station closed to passengers in January 1965.
John Furnevel [21/03/2011]
All photographs of Thankerton
');