A variety of major earthworks were required to take the Waverley Route down the valley of the Gala Water, some not undertaken until well after its 1849 opening. This major brick-built reinforcement of a cutting one and a half miles north of Stow is seen looking north on 15th November 2012.
David Spaven [15/11/2012]

View north at Stow on 18 March 2014.
Bill Roberton [18/03/2014]

Looking south over the former Stow station.
Ewan Crawford [//1997]
All photographs of Stow