document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


The 1530 Edinburgh - Glasgow shuttle runs through the remains of the former E&G Ratho station (closed 1951) on 24 November 2008. View east from the bypass showing the bridge that once carried Station Road through the village (this section is now a walkway/cycleway). Note the use of the old yard - formerly the site of the adjacent South Queensferry Branch Low Level station (closed 1930) - on the left, currently being used to accommodate equipment and materials in connection with the nearby Newbridge Junction remodelling. [See image 21576]
John Furnevel [24/11/2008]


Looking east at Ratho on 25 February with 158 715 passing the former goods yard, now a materials base for electrification. Note that masts have been erected here.
Bill Roberton [25/02/2009]


The 1248 Newcraighall - Dunblane service runs west through the remains of the 1842 E&G station at Ratho on 5 June 2008.
John Furnevel [05/06/2008]
All photographs of Ratho High Level
');