Newhailes Junction signal box on 22 November 1970, still displaying its former name. The box stood near the point where the Musselburgh branch left the ECML. This area, including the station, had been renamed Newhailes from September 1938. Newhailes station was closed by BR in February 1950.
Bill Jamieson [22/11/1970]
Newhailes Junction, former junction for Musselburgh, viewed from the west.
Ewan Crawford [//]
Deltic No. D9016 ^Gordon Highlander^ powers out of Edinburgh south of Newhailes Junction leaving a blue exhaust haze in
its wake - there was nothing quite like a lung-full of
carcinogens after the passage of a Deltic! The train is the Sunday
11.00 Edinburgh - Kings Cross and the date 19th April 1970.
Bill Jamieson [19/04/1970]
|All photographs of Newhailes Junction|