The former Maxwelltown station looking west towards Stranraer on 29 May 2007. The track has been lifted although the platforms and station building (now refurbished and occupied) can be seen behind the fence alongside what has now become the Maxwelltown Railway Path. A Scottish Oils depot occupies the site of the goods yard. [See image 4422].
John Furnevel [29/05/2007]

Road approach to the former Maxwelltown station in 2017. The station, now a private residence, closed to passengers in 1939. The old station yard off to the right saw use as a rail served fuel distribution depot for several years. The last remaining section of the line serving the former ICI works at Cargenbridge, less than two miles west of here, finally closed in 1994. [Ref query 1025]
Ross Wilson [26/05/2017]

The Port Road looking west through Maxwelltown towards Stranraer in May 2003, with the line having reverted to nature. Part of the fuel distribution depot can just be seen beyond the station building in the former yard. Plans were already underway to turn the route into the ^Maxwelltown Railway Path^ [see image 15526].
John Furnevel [27/05/2003]
All photographs of Maxwelltown