document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


Road approach to the 1847 station at Lockerbie in June 2013. View is north east from Station Road. The roofless section in the left background once formed the eastern terminus of the Dumfries, Lochmaben and Lockerbie Railway (closed 1966). The roof was removed and the bays infilled during a major station refurbishment the 1970s [see image 2704].
John Furnevel [11/06/2013]


The 13.40 Glasgow Central - London Euston Pendolino runs through Lockerbie^s platform 2 at speed on 11 June.
John Furnevel [11/06/2013]


Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway 4-4-0 No 49 Gordon Highlander, in the sidings at the south end of Lockerbie station on 13 June 1959. The locomotive had brought in the SLS Golden Jubilee Special from Glasgow Buchanan Street and was about to run round prior to taking the 5 coaches plus observation car on to Dumfries tender first via the Lochmaben line. The ensemble would later return north from Dumfries via the G&SW route with the tour finishing at St Enoch.
A Snapper (Courtesy Bruce McCartney) [/06/1959]
All photographs of Lockerbie
');