document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


View south west along the B7020 towards Lochmaben town centre (and the Railway Inn) on 20 May 2008. The white bungalow on the right stands on the old trackbed, with the platforms once running across the centre of the picture. In railway days the road on the left passed over the station on a bridge slightly further to the east (the old route is now occupied by the houses of Station Court). No trace remains of bridge or station. [With thanks to Alan Hannah] [See image 21410]
John Furnevel [20/05/2008]


Remains at Lochmaben in May 2008 looking south east towards Lockerbie. The station closed in 1952, although the line survived until 1966. The white cottage in the centre was built on the old trackbed. The station platforms were once crossed by a road bridge located just beyond the cottages carrying the B7020. The bridge was demolished and the road rerouted slightly to the west following closure. [With thanks to Alan Hannah]. [See image 35752].
John Furnevel [20/05/2008]


HR 103 stops at Lochmaben with a BLS railtour on 17 October 1965 running tender first from Dumfries to Lockerbie. The bridge carried the B7020 across the station site [see image 35752]. Protruding above the first coach beyond the bridge are the chimneys of the old station house and offices, out of use by this time, while the upper part of the Railway Inn is visible on the far left of the picture.
G W Robin [17/10/1965]
All photographs of Lochmaben
');