document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


The 5-car 0918 Inverness - Glasgow Queen Street train passing the overgrown site of Woodilee Hospital on 15 March 2009, with Lenzie station in the distance. Originally opened as The Barony Parochial Asylum in 1875, by the time it became a Glasgow Corporation Hospital in 1930 it accommodated 1,250 patients. Woodilee closed its doors for the last time in 2001.
Brian Forbes [15/03/2009]


Simultaneous departures for Stirling (L) and Glasgow Queen Street (R) in May 1987.
Brian Forbes [/05/1987]


14.02.1992 was the 150th anniversary of the E&G Rly. A4 loco. No. 60009 was given the alias William Whitelaw and the false number 60004,to honour the local Lenzie family for their supprt in opening the Edinburgh & Glasgow Railway, and indeed since.
Brian Forbes [14/02/1992]
All photographs of Lenzie
');