The 1400 TransPennine Manchester Airport - Edinburgh Waverley on 13 May 2010 on the WCML some 4 miles north west of Gretna about to pass the site of Kirkpatrick station. The surviving footbridge stands in the background while the former goods yard on the right now plays host to a selection of agricultural and transport items, most of which appear to have seen better days. While the village is named Kirkpatrick Fleming, the railway station (1847-1960) was plain Kirkpatrick throughout.
John Furnevel [13/05/2010]
|All photographs of Kirkpatrick|