document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


Train from Glasgow Central runs over the crossing into Kirknewton station in March 2007 on its journey to Waverley.
John Furnevel [05/03/2007]


The busy level crossing at Kirknewton on 26 April 2018, looking north west along the B7031. The 1426 ex-Waverley has just restarted its journey to Glasgow Central.
John Furnevel [26/04/2018]


Opened as Kirknewton in February 1848 the station was renamed Midcalder and Kirknewton after 2 months, before becoming Midcalder in 1855. The full circle was finally completed 127 years later in May 1982 when the name reverted to Kirknewton. The station is shown here in October 1985 when still staffed.
David Panton [/10/1985]
All photographs of Kirknewton
');