The early evening sun catches Holbeck ^Peak^ 190 as it runs past the site of Inveresk goods yard with the 17.10 Edinburgh - Leeds service on 7 May 1970. In the background above the train are the semaphores controlling the freight-only line to Smeaton which has diverged from the ECML at the original Monktonhall Junction, just off picture to the right.
John Furnevel [07/05/1970]
The first of the three stations to carry the name Musselburgh, in this case for a mere 13 months from June 1846 until July 1847, when it was renamed Inveresk. On a dreich 2nd May 1964, the last day of operation of Edinburgh-Berwick local services, a westbound stopping train makes plenty of steam as it prepares to restart from Inveresk station.
Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven) [02/05/1964]
ScotRail 380107 runs south through the site of Inveresk station on 3 May 2018. The train is the 1014 Edinburgh Waverley - Dunbar, which has recently restarted from its only scheduled intermediate stop at Musselburgh, some 2km away around the bend in the background. Inveresk station was originally opened as Musselburgh in June 1846, with the change of name taking place a year later. Final closure came in 1964.
John Furnevel [03/05/2018]
|All photographs of Inveresk|