View looking north west of the remaining station building at Inveramsay in 1999. This building was on the main line Aberdeen bound platform (left) and Macduff branch bound platform (right).
Ewan Crawford [//1999]
The view north at Inveramsay station in 1961. The Macduff platform lines are shown. Further to the left were the mainline platforms. The branch closed to passengers in 1951 (Inveramsay closing with it) and altogether in 1966.
David Murray-Smith [//1961]
GNSR 49 pauses before joining the mainline again at Inveramsay with the 1960 RCTS/SLS Joint Scottish Tour. Today the platforms remain here but the branch line is completely lifted and mainline reduced to a single track. The line to Aberdeen is behind the camera.
WA Camwell (Copyright Stephenson Locomotive Society) [13/06/1960]
|All photographs of Inveramsay|