document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


At first glance it could be a quiet, remote, rural residence, disturbed only by the occasional bleat of a sheep or the murmer of a distant tractor.... then you notice the catenary. The former station at Innerwick on the ECML in East Lothian, just over 30 miles out of Waverley. Photographed in the summer of 2006 looking south across the fields from a layby alongside the A1. Innerwick station closed to passengers in 1951.

John Furnevel [06/07/2006]


A1 Pacific no 60147 North Eastern approaching Innerwick in April 1964 with the 3.48pm (SO) Edinburgh - Berwick stopping train. The old A1 road can be seen crossing Dryburn Bridge beyond the train and Barns Ness lighthouse stands in the background.
Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney) [/04/1964]


A Paris bound TGV speeding past the Chateau of a small but exclusive vineyard in the Dordogne perhaps... no, an Edinburgh bound Voyager passing between a cabbage field and the former Innerwick station, East Lothian, in the summer of 2006.
John Furnevel [06/07/2006]
All photographs of Innerwick
');