document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


A sparkling BRCW 1250 hp Type 2 No. 5404 passes Haymarket Central Junction in June 1971 with a Sunday push-pull service to Glasgow Queen Street. Another Type 2 brings up the rear of the train. Haymarket shed stands on the north side of the E&G with the line in the foreground joining the ^sub^ at Gorgie Junction [see image 36277].
Bill Jamieson [07/06/1971]


View west at Haymarket Central Junction in the spring of 1971, as seen from the bridge carrying the closed CR Granton branch over the NB main line. The ^Sub^ curves off sharply to the left not far beyond the signal box. Locomotives of classes 25, 27 and 40 can be seen on Haymarket shed.
Bill Jamieson [//1971]


This is a view of the recently wired-up Haymarket Central Junction from a passing train. Part of the EGIP project it will allow the new electric rolling stock another route to access the depot at Millerhill via the South Sub.
Charlie Niven [20/06/2016]
All photographs of Haymarket Central Junction
');