document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


Entering the cutting east of Grantshouse. The train is thought to be the up 1E61 Sunday relief service on September 12 1971 hauled by class 46 locomotive no 148.
Bill Jamieson [12/09/1971]


The site of the former station at Grantshouse, Berwickshire, seen here in March 2004. Grantshouse station closed to passengers in 1964 and nowadays the cleared site provides ECML access and stabling facilities for maintenance and engineering staff. The passing train is the GNER Inverness - Kings Cross Highland Chieftain
John Furnevel [16/03/2004]


Passing the west end of the Grantshouse loops, Brush Type 4 No. 1534 has just over 40 miles to go before reaching journey^s end with the 10.45 Kings Cross to Edinburgh service in August 1971.
Bill Jamieson [19/08/1971]
All photographs of Grantshouse
');