The western end of the station site has been comprehensively built on. The platforms ended in the right middle distance, and the carriage sidings were straight ahead, and passed that electricity substation painted in the one-time colours of Scottish Power.
David Panton [24/06/2018]
Platform 3 of Edinburgh^s Princes Street station plays host to BR Standard 2-6-0 no 78046 and Scottish Rambler No 4 on 19 April 1965, following a trip over the Balerno branch.
K A Gray [19/04/1965]
Princes Street station on 18 September 1959, featuring one of the many specials, hauled by historic locomotives, operated in connection with the Scottish Industries Exhibition being held in Glasgow at that time. Motive power in this case is CR no 123 + GNSR no 49 Gordon Highlander. The train ran via Glasgow Central Low Level to the Exhibition station at Partick Central (renamed Kelvin Hall for the occasion) [see image 30452].
K A Gray [18/09/1959]
|All photographs of Edinburgh Princes Street|