document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


One of the push-pull fitted Reid ex-NB C15s no 67460 at Eastfield in July 1959. The locomotive was used on the Craigendoran - Arrochar service for many years along with classmate 67474 [see image 24286]. Built by the Yorkshire Engine Co in 1912, withdrawal of both (the last surviving examples) took place in April 1960, at which point a diesel railbus took over the service. Both C15s were cut up at Cowlairs works the following month.

Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney) [29/07/1959]


Class N15 0-6-2T no 69218 alongside Standard class 5MT 4-6-0 no 73108 on Eastfield shed in 1961.

Ken Browne [//1961]


A view of the north end of Eastfield MPD on 16 September 1972 showing the vast array of locos awaiting their next duty. The Photo is taken from the ex Caledonian Railway viaduct that carried the switchback railway over the shed roads and E&G mainline.
John McIntyre [16/09/1972]
All photographs of Eastfield MPD
');