One of the former stations on the Edinburgh - Berwick route being considered for reopening is East Linton in rural East Lothian, some 20 miles out from Waverley. The station here opened in 1846 as plain Linton, with the name change taking place in 1864. East Linton closed to all traffic in May 1964. The old station buildings are seen here on 14 August 2018, with the LNER 0930 ex-Kings Cross about to run through en route to Edinburgh, where it is scheduled to arrive 16 minutes later.
Andy Furnevel [14/08/2018]
A southbound freight passing through East Linton on the East Coast Main Line on 7 January 1971.
John Furnevel [07/01/1971]
Looking east along the ECML from the old station footbridge at East Linton on 16 May 2007. The surviving platform buildings connect to the substantial structure incorporating the former Station House beyond.
John Furnevel [16/05/2007]
|All photographs of East Linton|