document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


A downpour at Dumfries in 1972 as an EE Type 4 leaves the station with a train for the south passing 5378 standing on the centre road. The roof of the former Dumfries locomotive shed, closed approximately 7 years earlier, is visible just beyond St Mary^s Street Bridge.
John Furnevel [28/05/1972]


A BLS railtour from Glasgow at Dumfries on 17 October 1965 behind preserved ex-Highland Railway Jones Goods 4-6-0 no 103.
G W Robin [17/10/1965]


A down freight runs through Dumfries on 16 July 1956 hauled by BR Standard class 3 2-6-0 77018.
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow [16/07/1956]
All photographs of Dumfries
');