document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


57349 approaching Dalbeattie on 14 July 1956 with a Dumfries - Kirkcudbright train. [Ref query 5666]
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow [14/07/1956]


Compound 4-4-0 41132 photographed at Dalbeattie on 14 July 1956 at the head of a Dumfries - Stranraer train. [Ref query 219]
G H Robin collection by courtesy of the Mitchell Library, Glasgow [14/07/1956]


The River Urr flows south through Kirkcudbrightshire towards the Solway Firth a mile west of Dalbeattie on 1 September 2009. Trains on the former Dumfries - Stranraer Port Road crossed the river here prior to closure of the route in 1965. The old piers of Barsoles viaduct still stand and can be seen running across the centre of the photograph.

John Furnevel [01/09/2009]
All photographs of Dalbeattie
');