The station house at Cleghorn, seen in 1944, during the residence of Tom Steele as Station Master, approximately one year before he was elected Member of Parliament for the constituency of Lanark. The photograph was taken from the signal box that stood at the south west corner of the level crossing at that time and shows the house without its later modifications [see image 22162].
Ian Steele Collection [//1944]
Black 5 44850 passing Cleghorn with a down freight in July 1966. [Ref query 6780]
John Robin [15/07/1966]
Old station house (extended) looking east over Cleghorn level crossing on 24 May 2007. The station was to the left of the crossing and closed in 1965. The station had originally opened in 1848 as Lanark, but was renamed following the opening of the current Lanark station in 1855. [See image 22231]
John Furnevel [24/05/2007]
|All photographs of Cleghorn|