document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


The 1051 Edinburgh Waverley - London Euston via Birmingham New Street approaching Carstairs East Junction on 31 August 2016. The train is passing a large works depot occupied by South Lanarkshire Council roads department. The depot stands on the site once occupied by Carnwath station (closed 1966).
John Furnevel [31/08/2016]


A Lanark-bound stopping train from Edinburgh pauses at Carnwath on 16 April 1966, the last day of service, as a lone passenger carries her suitcase towards the station exit.
David Spaven [16/04/1966]


ScotRail 156442 has just passed the site of the former Carnwath station on the approach to Carstairs East Junction on 31 August 2016. The train is 1D53, the 1019 Edinburgh Waverley - Glasgow Central. [Ref query 16442]
John Furnevel [31/08/2016]
All photographs of Carnwath
');