document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('');document.write('


View north to Bowland from Whitelee in March 2014.
Ewan Crawford [03/03/2014]


Approaching Bowland from the west on 19 October 2011. The signal box was on the north side of the bridge with the platforms to the south. The passenger entrance was on the right with a stairway leading to the down platform. Access to the up platform was via a barrow crossing. Entrance to the former goods yard is on the other side of the bridge to the left. The makers plate on the bridge reads ^Somervail & Co - Dalmuir Iron Works - Dalmuir^. [See image 25514]
John Furnevel [19/10/2011]


Looking north along the Waverley trackbed at Bowland, the first station north from Galashiels, in June 2012. Directly ahead is bridge no 80 over the B710, beyond which stood Bowland signal box. Passenger access from road level was via a stairway to the down platform, with the up platform reached by means of a barrow crossing just before the bridge. Bowland station closed to passengers in October 1953 although the goods yard remained in use for a further 11 years. [See image 36188]
John Furnevel [18/06/2012]
All photographs of Bowland
');