View of Barrasford building and platform. This view looks south east along the line.
Robin Barbour Collection (Courtesy Bruce McCartney) [//]
The old Border Counties station at Barrasford, looking north towards Reedsmouth on 25 September 2011. The station closed in 1956 although nowadays the building still sees regular use as the Barrasford Scout Centre.
John Steven [25/09/2011]
The former Border Counties Railway station in the village of Barrasford, Northumberland, standing on the banks of the North Tyne and seen here looking west on 5 November 2007. The famous old quarry located to the north of the village, and now operated by Tarmac Construction, claims to have supplied building materials to the Emperor Hadrian.
John Furnevel [05/11/2007]
|All photographs of Barrasford|