Class 20 no 20103 (still with tablet catcher recess) and sister locomotive head west light engine at the site of Balerno Junction in July 1978.
Bill Roberton [/07/1978]
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /var/www/html/imageenlarge/3images.php on line 56
The Balerno branch - seen here crossing the Union Canal looking towards Balerno Junction - lost its passenger services in 1943, but freight would survive for another three years after this photograph was taken on 2nd November 1964. Much of the route is now an attractive walkway following the densely wooded valley of the Water of Leith.
Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven) [02/11/1964]
|All photographs of Balerno Junction|