This early railway is closed. The company provided a service between Newtyle [1st] and Glammis. It was also known as the Newtyle and Glammis Railway. The company used the older spelling of Glammis for Glamis.
It was a 4 ft 6.5 in line.
The railway became part of the Scottish Midland Junction Railway and the line upgraded and re-gauged. With this it became an important part of the West Coast railways route from London to Aberdeen.
|/ /1835||Newtyle, Eassie and Glammis Railway|
Act receives Royal assent.
|/ /1845||Newtyle, Eassie and Glammis Railway
Newtyle and Coupar Angus Railway
Scottish Midland Junction Railway|
Authorisation to purchase the Newtyle, Eassie and Glammis Railway and Newtyle and Coupar Angus Railway by the Scottish Midland Junction Railway.
|/ /1846||Newtyle, Eassie and Glammis RailwayScottish Midland Junction Railway|
Line sold to the Scottish Midland Junction Railway. It was then closed and upgraded to standard gauge and two tracks between Meigle Upper and Glammis [2nd]. (Alternative date: 1845).
|02/08/1848||Scottish Midland Junction Railway
Arbroath and Forfar Railway|
Scottish Midland Junction Railway line opened from Perth to Forfar [2nd]. Forfar (Playfield) closed to passengers. The line incorporates the former Newtyle, Eassie and Glammis Railway and Newtyle and Coupar Angus Railway.
|/09/1861||Newtyle, Eassie and Glammis Railway|
Portion of 73 chains closed.
|10/01/1955||Newtyle, Eassie and Glammis RailwayDundee and Newtyle Railway|
Alyth Junction to Dundee West closed to passengers. Newtyle [2nd], Auchterhouse [2nd], Dronley, Baldragon, Baldovan and Downfield, Lochee, Liff closed.
|07/09/1964||Newtyle, Eassie and Glammis Railway|
Newtyle [1st] (Newtyle Goods) to Alyth Junction closed to freight.
|04/09/1967||Newtyle, Eassie and Glammis Railway|
Alyth Junction to Glammis [2nd] closed to passengers.
These locations are along the line.
This was the northern terminus of the Dundee and Newtyle Railway. The terminus building still stands. It is one of the oldest stations in Britain.
This junction was north of Newtyle [1st]. South from the junction the line was joint Newtyle, Eassie and Glammiss Railway and Newtyle and Coupar Angus Railway, the owners of the routes east and west respectively from the junction.
This was a station on the Newtyle, Eassie and Glamiss Railway just north of the village of Kirkinch. The station closed with the re-gauging of the line when it became part of the Scottish Midland Junction Railway main line from Perth to Forfar [2nd].
Eassie passenger station was west of a level crossing. The main station building was on the southbound platform.
This was a two platform station on the Strathmore main line. The main station building was on the westbound / southbound platform.