|/ /1866||Greenock Princes Pier|
The pier is opened before the Greenock and Ayrshire Railway opens its Greenock Princes Pier station.
|01/09/1869||Greenock and Ayrshire Railway|
Line opened. The Glasgow and South Western Railway run services from Glasgow Bridge Street to Greenock Princes Pier (at Greenock Albert Harbour) via Kilmacolm.
|01/05/1875||Greenock and Ayrshire Railway|
Greenock Albert Harbour renamed Greenock Princes Pier.
|01/07/1885||Paisley Canal Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway)|
Opened from Port Eglinton Junction to Elderslie Junction. The line uses much of the former route of the Glasgow and Ardrossan Canal, the line runs skew across an old aqueduct bridge at Paisley Hawkhead. The canal route under the main line at Elderslie was used for a link to the Bridge of Weir Railway so that Greenock Princes Pier bound trains did not have to cross the track used by Ayr to Glasgow trains. The old basin at Port Eglinton becomes the Salkeld Street Parcels depot.
|25/05/1894||Greenock and Ayrshire Railway|
Greenock Princes Pier station re-built by the Glasgow and South Western Railway on a grander scale to compete with the Caledonian Railway's Gourock station.
|02/02/1959||Greenock and Ayrshire Railway|
Greenock Princes Pier to Kilmacolm closed to passengers. The line is retained for specials and boat trains but is singled.
|30/11/1965||Greenock and Ayrshire Railway|
Last boat train travels from Greenock Princes Pier.
|14/02/1966||Greenock and Ayrshire Railway|
Greenock Princes Pier to Kilmacolm closed to Ocean Liner Boat Trains.
|26/09/1966||Greenock and Ayrshire Railway|
Greenock Princes Pier to Kilmacolm closed to freight.