|/ /1733||Road complete|
|/ /1748||Stirling to Fort William Military Road|
|/ /1753||Stirling to Fort William Military Road|
|/ /1786||Fort William to Glencoe Military Road|
|/ /1854||Fort William|
Last garrison leaves fort.
|/ /1896||Fort William|
Entrance arch from the old fort moved to Craigs Burial Ground.
|/ /1924||Fort William Smelter|
Site clearance begins in Fort William to build a smelter for the British Aluminium Company.
|/ /1925||Fort William Smelter|
The Lochaber Narrow Gauge Railway opened from the Fort William Smelter to Loch Treig. The line was opened in connection with the construction of the Aluminium works. Rather than close afterwards it was retained and improved for maintenance on the somewhat remote pipeline which served the hydro-electric scheme at the works.
|/ /1928||Fort William Smelter|
Power house under construction.
|/ /1931||Fort William Smelter|
Works to damn Loch Laggan, to add to Loch Treig.
|/ /1944||Fort William Smelter|
Flood waters of the River Spey diverted to Loch Laggan.
|/ /1971||Fort William Smelter|
Line between pier and smelter lifted.
|/ /1977||Fort William Smelter|
The Lochaber Narrow Gauge Railway closed, some track remained by the works in Fort William.
|/ /1978||Fort William Smelter|
Bridge over A82 removed.
|/ /1981||Fort William Smelter|
Original furnace room demolished during modernisation.