|26/12/1760||Carron Iron Works|
Carron Iron Works opens. Managed by Dr Roebuck. Shareholders in the Carron Company were; Dr Roebuck, Thomas Roebuck, Ebenezer Roebuck, William Cadell Senior and Junior of Cockenzie (who owned pits at Tranent), John Cadell and Samuel Garbett. The works may even have been in blast in January.
|/ /1768||Elgin Waggonway|
Opened from Berrylaw to Limekilns Harbour with wooden rails by the 5th Earl of Elgin (or William Cadell, sources disagree). The line carried coal and iron ore for the Carron Iron Works.
|/ /1779||Tranent Waggonway|
Taken over by John Cadell of the Carron Iron Works.
|/ /1810||Carron Iron Works|
Tramway to Bainsford Basin on the Forth and Clyde Canal opened, replacing an earlier navigable cut.
|/ /1819||Falkirk Iron Works|
Set up by former Carron Iron Works employees. Many foundries followed shortly in the immediate area. Pig-iron from Middlesbrough was used and these works were a cheaper option than the existing practice of sending pig-iron to Glasgow by the canal for manufacturing and then return by the canal.
|/ /1840||Nethercroy Colliery|
In operation above Auchinstarry on Croy Hill, later operated by the Carron Iron Works and they built a railway round the east side of the Croy hill to the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.
|/ /1858||Carron Iron Works|
Railway connection opened from Stirlingshire Midland Junction Railway.
|/ /1860||Carron Iron Works|
Tramway to Bainsford Basin on the Forth and Clyde Canal abandoned after railway opened from Stirlingshire Midland Junction Railway.
|/ /1870||Blairhall Colliery|
Opened by the Carron Iron Works for blackband ironstone.
|/ /1880||Blairhall Colliery|
Sold by the Carron Iron Works to the Lochgelly Iron Company.
|/ /1904||Shieldhill Colliery|
New coke ovens built at this Carron Iron Works owned pit.
|21/10/1905||Falkirk and District Tramways Company|
Circular 6.5 mile tramway opened from Falkirk to Camelon to Larbert to Carron Iron Works to Falkirk.
|/ /1907||Gardrum Pit|
Opened by the Carron Iron Works.
|/ /1908||Bainsford Branch (Caledonian Railway)
Bainsford Branch (North British Railway)|
By-pass line from Swing Bridge Junction to Fouldubs Junction opened, the western half was owned by the North British Railway (part of the former line to the Carron Iron Works) and the eastern by the Caledonian Railway.
|/ /1913||Carronhall Colliery|
Private line from Carron Iron Works north and to the east to Pit 5 and William Pit extended to Letham Colliery.
|/12/1936||Carnock Coke Ovens
Bought by the Carron Iron Works from the Alloa Coal Company.