|/ /||Burntisland Docks|
17 acres site developed with 2 docks each with 6 coal hoists by the North British Railway.
|/ /1817||Burntisland Waggonway|
Opened from Newbigging limeworks to Burntisland harbour
|28/05/1838||Edinburgh, Leith and Newhaven Railway|
Victoria Jetty, Granton opened for traffic to Burntisland.
|31/07/1845||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
Act receives Royal assent. Mainline from Burntisland to Perth via Ladybank. Branches from Ladybank to Cupar and Kirkcaldy to the harbour. The Perth station was to be by the Dundee and Perth Railway station.
|17/09/1847||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
Opened from Burntisland to Lindores and Cupar. Stations at Burntisland [1st], Kinghorn, Kirkcaldy, Sinclairtown, Dysart, Thornton, Markinch, Falkland Road, Kingskettle, Ladybank, Collessie, Lindores [1st], Springfield and Cupar.
|/ /1850||Edinburgh, Leith and Newhaven Railway|
World's first train ferry operates from Granton to Burntisland [1st].
|/ /1876||Edinburgh, Leith and Newhaven Railway|
Burntisland [1st] to Granton train ferry withdrawn.
|/ /1878||Binnend Oilworks, Burntisland|
Mines and shale oil works in operation
|/ /1901||Binnend Oilworks, Burntisland|
|14/04/1914||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
Collision at Burntisland between London to Aberdeen express and Carlisle to Dundee goods