This works was established by Andrew Barclay in Kilmarnock in 1847. The works was to the south of Kilmarnock [1st] station.
The works specialised in industrial steam locomotives, fireless locomotives and ultimately diesel locomotives.
In 1990 the works were relocated just to the north. The buildings of the original works survive, in other uses.
|/ /1878||Straiton Oil Works|
Locomotive bought from Andrew Barclay and Sons, locomotive shed opened
These locations are along the line.
This was a locomotive works on the south side of West Langlands Street in Kilmarnock. The works was established by Andrew Barclay and rebuilt several times.