A History of Britain’s Railways
Vale of Clwyd Railway
This line is closed.
||5 October 1858
There was a "flag station" at Nannerch
(on the Mold
and Denbigh Junction Railway) for Whitehall Dod who was one of the directors
of this line.
The chairman of the line was Townshend Mainwaring,
MP for Denbigh. The engineer for the line was Benjamin Piercy. The contractors
for the line were David Davies and Thomas Savin. The contractors were given
shares in exchange for building the line. The line to the shore was owned by
Hugh Robert Highes of Kinmel Hall.
Description of route
From Rhyl via Foryd to Denbigh.
Page created on 12/06/2000
Page last edited on: 02/04/2012
Contact: Ewan Crawford